2nd call for papers: 3rd INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED LINGUISTICS AND ELT Language in Focus: From Theory to Practice: New Directions in ELT and Applied Linguistics, Istanbul, Turkey, March 2016
This is a conference organised by ELT Department of Faculty of Education,
Çukurova University, Adana, Turkey and being held in Istanbul from March 10-12, 2016.
Please note that the deadline for proposals is November 1st
Check out the conference website: www.languageinfocus.org for more details.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by November 30th, 2015.
From their website:
The aim of the conference is to provide a forum for researchers, teachers and educational representatives who are interested in the exploration and exchange of theory, research findings, experience and perspectives in language teaching, language learning and language skills development.
Centered around topics in applied linguistics and ELT, the conference will focus mainly on:
- ELT Methodology and classroom applications
- Foreign Language Teacher Education
- SLA / ELT focused theories and research (productive and receptive skills, linguistic and communicative competences, code-switching, classroom interaction analysis, assessment and evaluation, curriculum development)
- ICT in Language Teaching
- Psychological and psycholinguistic perspectives in SLA / ELT (attitudinal patterns, motivation, individual learner differences, learning strategies, learner autonomy)
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) + Content and Language Integrated Learning in German (CLILiG)
- Multilingualism / bilingualism
- Sociolinguistic theories and research (quantitative and qualitative approaches to the study of language, ethnographic and anthropological approaches to the study of language; language contact)
- Socio-cultural considerations (intercultural competence development, multiculturalism in theory and practice, ethnic/language minority classrooms)
- Corpus Linguistics and Learner Corpora
- Syntax and interfaces with morphology and semantics
- Lexical processing
- Phonological processing
- Cross-linguistic influences
- Discourse analysis
- Translation and interpreting
- Educational language policies
There is also the possibility of publication: Accepted presentations will be published in an edited book by Springer or in an International Journal of Studies in Applied Linguistics and ELT – LIF LANGUAGE IN FOCUS published by De Gruyter.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF STUDIES IN APPLIED LINGUISTICS AND ELT
International Journal of Studies in Applied Linguistics and ELT (LIF LANGUAGE IN FOCUS) published by DeGruyter is a journal in which high quality articles and book reviews written by native and non-native English speaking researchers from the field of Applied Linguistics will be published.
The journal’s scope is to inform and stimulate discussions relevant to Applied Linguistics, which is a field of academic enquiry that deals with the theoretical and empirical investigation of real issues in which LANGUAGE IS IN FOCUS. These issues range from aspects of linguistics, first or second language acquisition, literacy, language disorders, foreign language learning / teaching, bilingual education/CLIL, multilingualism over interactional issues of interpersonal and intercultural communication to language variation, linguistic discrimination, language policy etc.
The journal, which is published online twice a year, is designed to appeal to anyone with a serious interest in the above field including academics / researchers, PhD students, consultants, teachers, etc. giving them the chance to publish their work.
All our conference participants will be given the priority to publish their articles in the journal.
Conference website: http://www.languageinfocus.org
Conference e-mail: email@example.com