Resources at Manchester
- Academic Careers Website
- Careers Service – Postgraduates
- DOC BLOG for PGRs — “This blog is designed for Postgraduate Researchers (PGRs) in the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Manchester. The blog features news, information, events and regular updates within the field of researcher development”
- The University of Manchester Careers Blog – Postgraduate
- Education Doctorates at Manchester
- Ethics and Research Integrity (needs UoM username/password)
- Funding Possibilities for Education Doctorates
- LANTERN Blog – Language Teacher Education Researcher Network
- Manchester Doctoral College (MDC)
- Methods @ Manchester —- “Highlighting the depth and breadth of methodological expertise in the social sciences at the University of Manchester and promoting and facilitating methodological excellence, innovation and inter-disciplinarity”.
- artsmethods@manchester – “artsmethods@manchester is a programme of talks, workshops and events running throughout the academic year, which explore approaches to arts research, research methods and the dissemination of arts & languages research at the University of Manchester and beyond”
- Postgraduate Researcher blog – a School of Education resource
- My Learning Essentials – a great resource produced by The University of Manchester Library: “My Learning Essentials is our comprehensive programme of online resources, workshops and drop-ins designed to support you in your personal and professional development”.
- PGRS @ Manchester Institute of Education (SEED@UoM) – follow the SEED PGRS on Facebook
- VITAE Researcher Development and Researcher Development Framework
- Beyond the PhD – podcasts of post docs talking about how the PhD has opened up doors both within and beyond academia
Research Methods Resources
- BERA: Resources from the British Educational Research Association
- ESRC Funding opportunities
- ESRC National Centre for Research Methods – homepage
- Explorations of Style – “Explorations of Style offers readers an ongoing discussion of the challenges of academic writing”.
- ReStore Online Research Methods – online tutorials in various research methods
- Sage Research Methods catalogue
- The Thesis Whisperer – “The Thesis Whisperer is a blog newspaper dedicated to the topic of doing a thesis and is edited by Dr Inger Mewburn, Director of research training at the Australian National University”.
- University of Surrey Social Science Update
- University of York (Research methods and resources)
- V-ResORT – Virtual Resources for Online Research Training – “This website contains free multimedia resources that support postgraduate research students in education studies”.
- educaloxy.com – a site advertising international academic and teaching jobs
MA Alumni blogs
- English as a Lingua Franca – scoop site managed by Nicos Sifakis
- Researching Multilingually (AHRC project)
- Researching Multilingually at the Borders of Language, the Body, Law and the State (AH/L006936/1)
- Tales of Ladino
- Students Against Depression (SAD)
- Accent Pride – a website by Manchester alumni, Alex Baratta looking at Language (specifically accent) and Identity.
- Lada Smirnova’s Russian Moodle
- Blog by Newcastle University’s Applied Linguistic and Communications group
- UoM MA TESOL Facebook Group
Any more we need to add?