Upcoming Papers – a stock-take
Please add your details to this page by logging in and then editing this page. As the months tick by, I will transfer the past papers to the Archived LTE papers category.
Lou Harvey – Critical English for Academic Purposes: Creating connection and community. Paper presented at Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Newer Researchers’ Conference, Newport, Wales, 6th-7th December 2011.
- ????? —–
- ????? —–
- ????? —–
- Magda Rostron – “Are we teaching/are they learning? Academic writing blues”. Paper accepted for presentation at the Qatar TESOL Conference, 13-14 April 2012, Doha, Qatar.
- Lou @ English in Europe conference
- Fay, R. (2012). Intercultural perspectives on world music ensemble methodology in the UK: klezmer as a transglobal music with roots in Southeastern Europe. Paper (to be) presented at the Third Symposium of the ICTM Study Group for Music and Dance in Southeastern Europe, April 17th – 22nd, 2012 in Berovo, Macedonia.
- Firth, M., Paper submitted for 9th International Circle Conference, Ibiza, Spain.
- Tanya Halldórsdóttir – Translating the Odalisque: to Bewilder (the) English with Arabic. Paper submitted to Narratives in/of Translation: To Think is to Experiment CNR Postgraduate Research Day, London on 25 April 2012.
- Tanya Halldórsdóttir – So You Think You Know Scheherazad? Paper to be presented at Constructing Narratives of Continuity and Change, an interdisciplinary conference at Canterbury Christ Church University, May 12, 2012.
- Tanya Halldórsdóttir – From Passionate Pedagogue to Pain-in-the-Ass: A Teacher Goes Back to School. Paper to be presented at the Eighth International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, May 16 – 19, 2012.
- NM2012 conference
- Finland conference
- Firth, M., Paper to be submitted to the 5th ESRC Research Methods Fair, Oxford, UK.
- Magda Rostron – “English Language, Arab Students, Polish Teacher: Hybrid Identities in a Globalised Qatari Classroom”. Paper (to be) presented at the Across Languagers and Cultures Conference to be held at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice, September 1-3, 2011. — PLANS TO WRITE-UP AS AN ARTICLE INSTEAD
- Juup Stelma and Richard Fay —– “Reflective construction of (conflicting) intentionalities: an ecological perspective on Masters-level research education“. Paper which was to have been presented at BERA 2011 Annual Conference, 6th – 8th September, 2011, hosted by the Institute of Education, London. PLANS TO USE IN ONGOING ARTICLE WRITING INSTEAD