Call for papers – Cutting Edges Research Conference: Crossing boundaries, Canterbury, June 206
A free one-day conference for those researching in the fields of applied linguistics, TESOL, modern languages, intercultural communication and education
Friday, 10th June, Canterbury Christ Church University, School of Language Studies & Applied Linguistics
We invite papers which deal with crossing or critiquing established boundaries regarding
- English in the world – standards, circles, ownership, definition, usage
- So-called ‘native speakers’ and ‘non-native speakers’
- Methods, methodology, and approaches to teaching
- Common labels such as EFL, ESL, ESOL, TESOL, ELF, teacher training and education
- Any other aspect of language and intercultural education.
Mario Saraceni, Portsmouth University
Canterbury Christ Church University to be announced
Papers will be 20 minutes plus ten minutes for discussion. However, we will consider proposals for discussion forums.
Deadline for abstracts, Friday April 10th
Please email your abstract of 150 words, plus name, affiliation, title to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will also be a research event for postgraduate researchers on Thursday 9th June. The details will be announced soon
Abstract forms, registration forms and other information will soon be found at http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/arts-and-humanities/language-studies-and-applied-linguistics/Research-in-Applied-Linguistics/annual-cutting-edges-conference.aspx