"Maximizing The Impacts Of Your Research: A Handbook For Social Scientists"
The LSE Public Policy group have produced a handbook that focuses on understanding and maximising impact, and have made it free for download in .pdf format.
Some topics include:
- What shapes the citing of academic publications?
- Tracking citations, including new-internet based tracking systems
- Key measures of academic influence
- Strategies for getting better cited
- External (i.e., non-academic) research impacts
You can access the book from the link below: